An emergency change request is any request that has the potential to effect change that requires immediate action to ensure stability, avoid interruption or restore service to the IT resources and infrastructure of the University and cannot be communicated at the weekly change management meeting before implementation.
- Emergency change requests require unit Director’s approval.
- Follow the normal change management request process by completing a system change request for the emergency change.
- Internal communication needs to be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mail list referencing the change request and associated Footprints incident number.
- For external communications contact the Support Center and IT Professional Services and Support.
- Emergency changes will be posted on the agenda for the next change management meeting. Although already completed, a brief summary of the change is required.