Change Management Objectives
- To allow changes while, at the same time, maintaining or improving service stability and availability.
- To increase the probability of change success.
- To reduce or minimize the ratio of changes that need to be backed out of due to inadequate preparation.
- To ensure that all parties affected are informed of planned changes.
- To provide a record of changes implemented to assist with and shorten problem determination time.
- To ensure that technical and management accountability for all changes is identified.
- To assist with the accuracy of predictions of impact, such as response time, utilization, etc.
- To ensure that all affected parties are not only informed, but necessary documentation and training is in place prior to the implementation.